Re: Glom 'Find' function

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 15:29 +1000, Jan Smith wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded and made a small Glom database for Computerbank using the
following versions of software.

Glom 1.8.7
Postgres 8.3
Ubuntu 8.10
Hardware: Pentium 2.4 Ghz, 1 Gig Ram

I am very happy with the look and feel of the of the Glom database but
it takes 7 seconds to do a search.  By this I mean it takes 7 or more
seconds when the 'Find' button is pressed until the desired record is
shown. My database so far only has 60 records. Is the 'Find' function
usually this slow?

Is that when using the Quick Find entry, or when doing a precise find in
a particular field? Are you using a local PostgreSQL instance
(self-hosting, for instance), or one on a separate computer?

I would expect the Quick Find to be slightly slower (maybe it should be
called "simple" rather than "quick") because it searches all fields, by
making a big SQL statement, but I wouldn't expect it to be that slow.