Glom on Debian and Mac OSX

Hi everybody!

I am a new member of the list and got some question about how to install it on Debian an Mac OSX. I am a Linux user with a little experience (be kind to forgive the naive questions of mine). I have to deal with other Mac users, accessing the same data. Glom would be an easy solution, since we both have previous experience with FileMaker Pro.

1) How do I install Glom on Debian?
Debian repository do not have Glom yet and I guess that I have to compile the source file manually. It would be very kind of you to explain the necessary procedure.

2) Is there any possibility to run Glom on Mac OSX?
I wonder if Mac OSX users might compile the source code similarly to the Linux users, since OSX is a Unix system. But I do not know in which extent OSX is compatible with GNU Linux.

3) Have you any plan to port Glom on Mac OSX?
FileMaker Pro is popular among Mac users. Probably some of them will be happy to have an alternative on GPL license.

Thank you in advance for your attention. I look forward to your answer.

Stig