example of python script

I am new to GLOM and would like to use it instead of FileMaker. I have managed most things except writing a python script for a button. I manage OK with field calculations, but I have no idea of how to manage a button script. The button script in one of the database examples is far too complex for a newbie to follow. To get started, I need a simple example with a couple of field manipulations, done through a button rather than field definition: e.g. combine two text fields together, or multiply price by quantity. Thanks in advance.
Donald

--
Prof. J. Donald R. de Raadt
Melbourne Centre for Community Development