Re: Nokia 800

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 08:57 -0500, Rick Berube wrote:
Hi Dan and Murray,

Thanks for your help. You guys are the best. Although I have already
tried the link that you suggested previously. Maybe I am doing
something wrong. There are no set-by-step instructions to be found. (I
guess I am the type of person that needs this in order to get it in my
head on how to do things.)

The .install file should work just by clicking on it. If it does not
then please give some details of what you experience.

I can't seem to find all the files needed to make Glom work on my
Nokia N800 for OS2008. I am not sure how to install it in the first
place.
Do I go to the file manager and click on the gz file or the tar file?

The .tar.gz file is a source code file, not something that you would
install on your N800.

Glom on Maemo is currently an alpha-quality proof of concept. There is
not much point in playing with it unless you have more idea about these
things.

 Or is there another file I need to install it? When I double click on
these files, I get an unrecognizable file error. I have tried
everything that I possibly could to get this installed with no luck.

I rely heavily on the N800 for a new business I just started and it
would be ideal to have a working database to keep track of my
invoices, inventory, etc. It seems this is the only one available for
the N800. Is this true or do you know of another database I could
use?

Glom seems like the best chance for this, but it needs a lot of work to
port it properly the Maemo. My company, Openismus, would be happy to do
this work if we can find someone willing to pay for it.
http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2007/11/28/glom-in-maemo-chinook-extras/