Re: Fill wirh a script

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 14:27 +0200, Federico Munerotto wrote:
On mar, 2007-10-16 at 12:58 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
Just create a new field.
Then edit that field.
Then go to the Value tab.
Then specify a calculation, such as "record.related["marche"]["nome"]"
Close the Field Definitions window and put the new field on the
layout.

The "small business" example does this for the name_full field.

I did

but

I created the field desc2

Nothing seemed to be happened so I reopened the form for the field
calculation and pressed the "test" button, I got as reply "The result of
the calculation is: NULL".

I think to have done all in a correct way: can you figure out what may
be?

Not without seeing your Glom system. Maybe you mistyped the python code
somehow, or mistyped the relationship or field name. Glom 1.6 shows a
more detailed python error, I believe.

If necessary, you could send us (or just me) your .glom file.