Re: Some questions about the Portal.

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 14:30 -0400, Carlos Savoretti wrote:
On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 18:32 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 13:11 -0400, Carlos Savoretti wrote:
Hi Murray:

Surely there's something I can't get at all. Using the
Smallbusiness.glom for testing, and having Invoices
selected, I went to the Invoice_lines portal to open
a "detailed view" of those lines, so I opened a given row
among those lines and it appears the Products table.

   I though it wouldn't be being that Products table is
just the 1st. relationship of Invoice_lines, so which
would be opened if invoices_lines would have more than
one relationships ?

   Peeking in the glom document I saw that there's a
detailed data layout set for the hidden tables also,
so I guessed it'd be seen thru this way.

Hidden tables are never seen by non-developer users. If you want
the user to be able to see the invoice_lines tables directly, just stop
that table from being hidden.

Glom tries to guess what table should be opened when you click on a
related record, by looking at the fields that are shown. It is usually
correct, but in newer Glom versions you can specify exactly what
relationship should be opened.

Ok. That's right. Just one more question: In which situation would be
seen the "detailed view" of invoice_lines, either by an operator or a
developer ?

When the invoice_lines table is not hidden, and when the first field in
the row is a field from invoice lines. Or when you have explicitly
specified that navigation should go to that table in the related records
item's properties.