Re: date bug solution

You may remember that I was having trouble getting Glom to treat dates
correctly. I finally managed to figure out what aspect of my
configuration is creating the problem.

By default, I have the following language environment variables set:

[segphault lain:~]% env | grep LANG
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US:en_GB:en

Glom works when I change it to the following:

[segphault lain:~]% export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
[segphault lain:~]% export LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8

I hope that helps. I'll let you know if I run into any other problems.

Yes, the problem is when these differeing LANG and LANGUAGE settings.
Somehow you have that in your setup, so I worry that it might not be so
unusual. I haven't yet researched what the difference actually is between
these two environment variables, or whether one should have preference
over the other.

What should "en_US:en_GB:en" mean, by the way? Is that a prioritized list?

Murray Cumming