Re: Crashes with binaries compiled from source

Sorry I write so late, I was rather busy.

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 19:52 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 10:28 +0100, Johannes Kroll wrote:
Hello,

I tried to compile Glom from source, but the generated binaries crash
with SIGSEGV/SIGABRT. I did the following:
 - got glom from CVS

As I work on it, CVS might contain code that crashes for a few minutes.
It might be worth trying again.

I already tried the 0.9.0, 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 sources too, and got roughly
the same errors.

So it crashes while parsing the command line. I didn't give any
commandline parameters.

This is not something I've seen before. What platform is this (For
instance, what version of what Linux distro is this?). How much did you
build from CVS? Are you using more than one C++ compiler version?

Platform is Ubuntu Breezy (5.10). I also have some packages from Debian
sarge installed. The compiler... I later tried using gcc 3.3, 3.4 and
4.0, same errors. Strange.

What platform and compiler are you using?

I think I will compile on a fresh Ubuntu install on VMWare next, and see
if I still get the errors there.