off topic: how to "start" Glom

Hello,

First, I know that this mailing list is for developpers. I am sorry to intrude, and I will make my stay short and as painless as possible.

A total Linux newbie, I am trying to use Glom for the first time. I have installed it on Ubuntu Breezy Badger, but can not get it to work at all. When I start it up, it asks me for a password to connect to the database, and never accepts any password, whatever I give him.

I have created a user as described on the Glom website, and have installed the gidentd package (but understood that the rest of the "allowing access" paragraph on http://www.glom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Initial_Postgres_Configuration didn't concern people on Ubuntu). Past this, I have not played at all with Glom or PostGres.

Can anybody tell me how to get past this password prompt, and start working with Glom? I am sorry for this very newbie question.

Thank you,

Nicolas
--
Ad Noiseam