[glade--] System call

Hey, guys.
Glade and glade-- are running ok here. The fact is I want to build an application (I've built it on glade) to run "/etc/init.d/net.ath0 start" and "stop", too. For this, I need the root password, asked by 'su' command.
I thought trying:

(...)
#include <iostream>

void on_connectbutton_clicked()
{
   system("su -");
// Then I would have to give the root password with a command - I don't know how.
   system("/etc/init.d/net.ath0 start);
   (...)
}

The root password should be typed in a entry box, let's say 'rootpasswordentry'. I know I could get it's text with rootpasswordentry->get_text().

Any idea, guys? What do you recommend me to read? Should I continue with Gtkmm 2.4 Book (it seems just like a reference book since the ¨ "Button" chapter)?

Thank you very much. I really want to learn how to program with Gtkmm and Glade.

Arthur Maciel