Re: [glade--] Glib::SignalProxyProperty Problem

Gunther Laure schrieb:
As I understand, Glib::SignalProxyProperty allows to query a Gtk::Widget
for an existing signal using the signals string name ("clicked")
The method Glib::SignalProxyProperty::connect then should allow me to
connect the signal to an arbitrary method handler (eg sigc::ptr_fun ...)
as long as the method signature matches.

Am I wrong in this assumptions? My test program using
Glib::SignalProxyProperty with libglade created widget instantias
compiles but does nothing...

I peeked into the source code and saw that  the static method
SignalProxyProperty::callback is called by the widgets "notify" signal.

if(strcmp(property_name_changed, property_name_monitored) == 0)

is never true here, because property_name_changed is eg "clicked" for a
button, but  property_name_monitored seems always to be "style"? (I do
not know why)

Any hints or tips for me?

Try it on the _lib_glade-- list (gnomemm-list gnome org IIRC)

  Christof

Murray: You really should create a user visible list for libglademm so
that users need not confuse glademm and libglademm more than necessary.
Kindest Regards, Christof