Re: [glade--] problem with glademm/win32 (XP)

Baltasarq <baltasarq <at> yahoo.es> writes:
Hello

> 	Hi !
>
> > How can I tell glade to use something other than glade--?
> > I was looking for that possibility, mainly because I assumed
> > that it was also the way to tell glade where to look for glade--.
>
> 	You can't.
> 	You have to do trigger glade-- or any other thing through a command-line
> console.
> 	Actually, Glade-3 will drop the code generation option, and everybody will
> have to do that, even when using glade-- to generate your code.

I figured out what the problem is:
glade-2 calls glade-- and succeeds in doing so. You know this because after
pressing the build-button, there is a brief flash of a terminal that seems to
display the same message you get when starting glade-- without input file. The
error thus comes from glade-2 not calling glade-- correctly AND misinterpreting
the error.
So far, I had glade-2 save my projects in the default directory which is
c:\documents and settings\andreas\projects\<project_name>
which leads to the error.
If instead I use a different folder, everything works smoothly. I assume that
glade does not like the spaces in the directory name "documents and settings"
(who does... ;) ) and thus is not able to call glade-- correctly.
I now save my projects in C:\Projects and everything is perfect (now all I have
to do is to actually learn to work with gtk/gtk--...

> > I also seem to be misunderstanding some of the organization of
> > glade/glademm - I thought that libglademm contains the headers that are
> > used by glade-- to generate the c++ code. Is that wrong?
>
> 	Well, that was also confusing for me. Too many Gtkxxx libs :-P

absolutely. i have to admit, however, that in terms of installing this thing,
for one time windows was simpler than linux... i destroyed several gnomes before
getting a complete glade/glade--/gtk/gtk-- system to work (probably my sillyness
rather than linux, but i don't understand why the package can not be distributed
as such - as there are obviously quite a number of libraries etc. that depend on
each other).

cheers,
andreas

> 	I think all of this goes as following: