Re: [glade--]Problem adding a custom widget dinamicaly

Find All schrieb:

Find_all???
You're very lucky having not been classified as spam.

I'm using glade-2 to make the UI, its works great but when I want to add a custom widget into a container dinamicaly (not from the glade, thats its from my code) the widget doen't appear.

Lets go to the code:

In the constructor of the window I do:

 this->hbox_p->pack_start(this->ds);
this->ds.signal_expose_event().connect(SigC::slot(this->ds, &drawingarea_custom::on_drawingarea_custom_expose_event)); this->ds.signal_realize().connect(SigC::slot(this->ds, &drawingarea_custom::on_drawingarea_custom_realize));
 this->show_all();

ds is a custom drawingarea, that I try to insert into a empty HBox.

The expose and realize event works but the widget is not visible , the expose event should paint all the window of the drawingarea_custom to blue, but doesn't.

It's impossible for me to tell anything definite from this small code snippet.

By the way, is there a way to insert a custom widget directly from the glade?

Basically you use the custom widget functionality. Since I did not yet modify glade for use with glademm (on my TODO list), glademm derives the Type, Include File and Creation invocation from the "create" tag. You can insert a complex Expression and glademm will use the Function name (between ':' and '(') as a name for the include file (.hh added) and everithing up to a '(' as the type.