[glade--]Re: replacing strstream in glademm2

Silviu D Minut schrieb:
Hi Christof

Sorry for asking you directly, rather than the mailing list, but it's a
very specific question.

The mailing list is rather silent at the moment, I would not mind you using it. (CC'd it)

I'm trying to compile glademm-2.0.0.1 and it compiles fine, except that I
get countless warnings regarding the deprecated strstream. So I thought
I'd bring my 2cent contribution to glademm and make the appropriate
changes. I replaced strstream with sstream and [io]strstream with
[io]stringstream everywhere.

Then, at SourceWriter/SystemFile.cc line 35, there is a call

streamptr.os->freeze(0);

I see the freeze() function was only defined in backward/strstream, and
nowhere else (g++ 3.3.2, fedora core 1). If I comment out freeze() in
SystemFile.cc, glademm compiles fine, but I assume you had a reason
to call freeze(). On the other hand, since freeze is no longer defined in
sstream, it might no longer be necessary.

freeze is of course only needed for the ugly-API'd strstream. Ugh!

Do you have any suggestions? Obviously, if I get this to work, I'll send
you all the changes to decide whether or not to include them in future
releases.

Thank you very much for all your enthusiasm. But I still don't want to ditch g++ 2.95 support right now. I still have too many installations around (debian/stable). Once woody=stable is past I will give it a go.

I also prepared a 15-line replacement for strstream which compiles on 2.95 up to 3.4 alike, but found no time to integrate it.