[glade--]Re: [gtkmm] Compile problem: Glib::ustring::SequenceToString is private

From <Murray Cumming>

> Hmm, actually, yes, it looks like one of the gcc 3 problems that we fixed
> in later gtkmm 2.2x releases.
>
> Please make sure that you have the latest gtkmm 2.2x version.
>
> You might also try to get any gcc update that your distro has. I mean a
> normal distro package update, if there is one - don't try to build the
> latest gcc snapshot from source, and don't upgrade to any new major version
> with radical changes.

Yes, I used the latest stable gtkmm version, 2.28.
I even tried the new 2.3 beta release, but I cannot compile them, too! I get
the same errors while try to compile glibmm 2.3.1!
hm.. courious.

From <Christof Petig>
> To me this looks like (I can't tell for sure unless I can reproduce the
> error - for this I need the *.glade[p] files) an gtkmm/compiler problem
> (unless gtkmm/accelgroup.h is not supposed to get included by programs).
>
> First I was hoping that some kind soul on gtkmm-list has already seen
> this error.
>
> Which compiler do you use?

Gcc 2.3.2, shipped by my distro (suse 8.2).
There is actually no update for it.

> Please send me the .glade and .gladep files so I can try on my own. If
> it compiles for me it must be a gtkmm/compiler issue.
I'll send you complete code + .glade and .gladep files (extra mail).
>     Christof

Thanks,
MisterM