Re: [glade--]Compilation errors with Glade-2/glademm generated project

Scott McLoughlin wrote:
I'm having some trouble building C++ project output from Glade-2. Just a "Hello World" simple application. Here is my config - RH9 - Built from freshly downloaded source tarballs - libsigc++, gtkmm-2.2.1, orbitcpp, libbonobomm, libbonobouimm, gnomemm-all-1.3.16, glademm-2.0.0, glade-2.0.0 Here is the error output, in two parts. First, when building
C++ project from within glade-2, I get:
sh: line 1: gtkmm-config: command not found
    Unknown library `gnomemm'
    error parsing version std::string '1.4.1.2
    gnome-config --modversion gnomemm: strange result 'gnome-libs-1.4.1.2'

oh dear. I looked into the source code and was quite sure that glade-- will not test for gnome1/gtk1 when passed a glade-2 project. Seems to not work ... If you pass --gnome2 to glade-- on the command line, does the problem persist?

    Changed dir to /home/scottmcl/dev/Glade/project5
    Found pkg-config version 0.14.0
    <etc....>
But glade-2 produces files. Then, when I run ./autogen.sh I get the following errors. autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in And later I get this error and autogen.sh stops. config.status: error: cannot find input file: config.h.in

that's what autoheader was supposed to create.

Here's the weird thing. If I run autogen a *2nd* time on the same project again, autogen goes on and runs make and builds the project. Any insight? Thanks.

Looks like some file is created before erring out which prevents the error the second time. You did not mention your autoconf/automake version. I have no problems with
> automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.7.4
> autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57

I did not want to detect automake/autoconf version during glade-- run but this looks like it's time to open this can of worms.