Re: [glade--]Hello everybody

Snow Dragon wrote:
Christof Petig ??:

Snow Dragon wrote:

Hello all,

I am trying to write program using glademm. I checked the Gettext
support in the glade IDE. However the code generated by glademm doesn't
generate codes with gettext support. What is possibly the problem?
Thanks a lot.

did you try to generate a project for gtkmm 1.x (or with glade 0.x)?
Nobody ever cared to implement a working gettext solution for this environment.

If you wanted to generate a gtk2 project, that's a totally different story. That should work (though I heard of open issues wrt. Makefile.am).

Christof

Hello Christof,
I am now using gtkmm 1.2.10 and glade 0.6.4. The problem I am facing is

That's outdated by 14 months (gtk 2.0 was released march 2002).

even I checked the Gettext support under C option, the code generated doesn't use gettext code. I built those gtkmm and glade from source. Do u have any suggestion?

Either
- patch glade-- to generate it (disable the "Configuration.gettext_support && !Configuration.gnome_support && Configuration.Gtkmm1()" if in line 545 of glade--.cc, e.g. prepend it by 0 &&) and work out how to detect and enable it (I don't know)
- try enabling gnome_support (which provides gettext)
- switch to gtk2 (gtkmm 2.2.1, glade 2.0.0) which supports gettext well.

I'd recommend the last solution (IIRC Chinese is no fun without unicode support and that's gtk2's strength)
  Christof

PS: Honestly I have to try (and perhaps fix) gtk2 gettext support real soon now [there might be some automake problems left].