[glade--]autoconf not generating configure - glade-2 and glademm

Hi all,

I have been trying to create c++ code generated from
glade-2 & glademm, on gtk2 but the autogen.sh script keeps
failing.
The very last line of the message is libtool failed. [see
below].

I am attaching the output of sh -x autogen.sh which shows
the execution of autogen.sh and its point of failure.
I have tried to get the latest autoconf and libtool, but to
no avail. Please let me know if i can provide any more info
about the errors, and i willdo so. any help will be
appreciated as i need to get glade-2 working with glademm
to generate c++ code. I am running gtk2 on freebsd 5.0.

The tools I am using are:

gtk+-2.0
glade2-1.1.3
glademm V1.1.3e
libglade-2.0
libglademm-2.0

autoconf (GNU Autoconf
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4a ) 2.57
------------------------

When I run autogen.sh, these are the errors i get:
WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced,
see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in
configure.in
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
configure.in: 6: required file `./config.h.in' not found
automake: configure.in: installing `./depcomp'
configure.in:6: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use
patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
configure.in:42: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp
or m4_bregexp
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install
-c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler...
(cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none
needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsd5.0
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd5.0
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use
`--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed

=====
It's all a matter of perspective. You can choose your view by choosing where to stand.
--Larry Wall