Re: [glade--]Compiling GUI source code error

José Luiz Bittencourt wrote:
Please, if you find a working configuration on
RH8.0, post it on this list
(which libraries, which versions, which compiler).

I´m working with RH8.0 and GTK. So, I think it can
help you.
After installing RH8.0 I got the APT package from this
link because I feel more confortable with this
frontend:
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/psyche/apt/apt-0.5.4cnc9-fr1.i386.rpm

So, I installed it and typed the follow commands:
apt-get update
apt-get install gtkmm
apt-get install gtkmm-devel (if you want)
apt-get install glade (I´m not sure if I did it)
apt-get install gnomemm
apt-get install anjuta (great for me)
Another dependencies can be installed in the same
way...
Finally, I got glademm and compiled it.

Good luck.

José Luiz Bittencourt

I finally got it working, thanks.  I needed to also run:
apt-get install gnomemm-devel

then download and compile glademm.  After that, the C++ source code built by glade compiled and ran.  Thanks for your help.  apt-get really worked out.  Anyone else who needs this to work with RH 8, follow the instructions Jose gave, and also add in the above command prior to downloading and compiling glademm and everything should work.

Christopher David