Re: [glade--]Re: No rule to make target `1.c', needed by `1.o'. Stop.

dan davidson conexant com wrote:
Christof,

I created test projects to recreate the problem and received the following
results.
     ProjectName = TestDigits1,   worked okay.
     ProjectName = TestDigits-1,   worked okay.
     ProjectName = TestDigits-1.2,   failed as described in first email.

This was done on stock RH 7.2, no updates.
I am attaching the project (TestDigits.tgz) if you want to examine it.
(See attached file: TestDigits.tgz)

I was unable to create the failing Makefile.am on my computer. It looks like your locale thinks that '.' is alphanumeric ...

Now I made the identifier creation routines locale independant (since C++ is also). Try the current CVS version (and do not trust your locale).