[glade--]Re: [[gtkmm] glademm plans for deprecated widgets (2.0)]

>I don't understand why you would do this. If the user puts a GtkPixmap on a
>glade UI (probably not possible with glade-2) then glademm should
>a) Use a GtkPixmap for gtkmm 1.2
>b) Fail for gtkmm 2
>
>And vice-versa with a GtkImage. The simple solutions are the best.

can you briefly reprise the issue with Gtk{Pixmap,Image}. i know that
a GdkPixmap and a GdkImage are completely different entities with
different run-time performance. What is going on at the Gtk level? I
must have missed the summary of this when the issue came up ...

--p