Re: [glade--]glade-- signal errors

dpiasetzki wrote:
Hi,

I have built a simple C++ dialog, `dialog', with Glade 0.6.2

using RedHat 7.2. I used the default buttons and added one

other and all of the signal handlers I added to them work fine.

Now I want to handle closing the dialog. When I add a handler to

the close signal and run make I get the following error:

   dialog_glade.cc: In method `dialog_glade::dialog_glade():

   dialog_glade.cc:44 `on_dialog_close' is not a member of type `dialog'

glade-- will not change your class declaration (design decision), but the file dialog.hh_new will contain new declarations. Please cut and paste them into dialog.hh.

   make: *** [dialog_glade.o] Error 1

This error gets solved by copying the function declarations

from the _new files.

Then when I run make the error I get is:

   dialog_glade.cc: In method `dialog_glade::dialog_glade()':

   dialog_glade.cc:44 no matching function call to

   `Gtk::ProxySignal0<gboolean, Gnome::Dialog, GnomeDialog, 1>::connect

   (SigC::Slot0<void>)'

   /usr/local/include/gtk--/proxy.h:96:candidates are:SigC::Connection

   Gtk::ProxySignal0<R, Obj, gObj, index>::connect(const SigC::Slot0<R>

   &) [with R= gboolean, Obj=Gnome::Dialog, gObj=GnomeDialog, int

   index= 1]

   make: *** [dialog_glade.o] Error 1

This simply means that the function you declared is not compatible with gtkmm's idea of a matching callback.

This might be an error with glade--'s default code generation since correct callback arguments made it's way into glade-- very shortly.

If I interpret this message right the signal should return a gboolean.

Perhaps you connected to delete_event ? (I can only guess)

I get the same error if I add the signal handler before the

initial build or by adding it later and rebuilding.

I have tried a couple of other signals like set_focus and

destroy_event and they are not recognized as members.

My question is, `Are all the signals working or am I doing

something wrong?'

I am new to glade-- so any direction you can provide will be

greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please read the glade-- user manual. It should cover the first problem.