Re: [glade--]question on integrating glademm with a stack -> voicestreams yahoo com

Hi Amith,

As for the makefile: simply put all files which need a compile into the *_SOURCES variable. put all files which need to be built before compilation can start into BUILT_SOURCES. And copy the absolute minimum of rules into the Makefile.am (rules look like %.cc: %.pgcc ; @ECPG@ -o $*.cc $<).

If you have a library it's really easy: find (configure.in magic or some .m4 file like gtk--.m4) the include files (CXXFLAGS in Makefile.am, AC_DEFINE in configure.in) and the .a file (LIBS, LDFLAGS) to link to and add them to the files mentioned above.

Then you need to separate the application:
- put initialization (anything done before any screen output into the main function (or a main called function)) - put display (anything output before a key is pressed) into the window constructor - call the appropriate functions of your library during callbacks (when a button is pressed etc.)
- [tidy up after m.run() has finished)

Hope this helps
  Christof

PS: If you want some examples by me (though they are likely tooo complex) you might look at midgard.berlios.de and manuproc.berlios.de. Look there for anonymous CVS access.

(wow, my mozilla starts speaking german, that's new)
amith nambiar schrieb:
- iam a student doing my project work ive developed a voice chat application on linux i use RedHat Linux 7.2 . ive used a downloaded stack from www.openh323.org <http://www.openh323.org> (its a c++ stack) now since im new to linux , glade glademm etc i dont know how to integrate the code with Glade developed (ive not yet developed a gui but will ) GUI. to be more specific ive got the program that is the voice chat application working from the terminal prompt but now i want a gui for it .ill develop one soon ...but how do i compile both together is the problem.

when i compile a program using this stack i use a Makefile supplied with the stack - now i have no idea how to integrate the two -

1) what r the modfications to be made and where is my question ?