Re: [glade--] Gnome automake problems with RH7.1 , was an urgent help to a novice from third world country India

Hi Mohan Das,

India -> 3rd world? I'll not accept that. Indians invented mathematics
thousands of years ago.

mohan das wrote:

> Running aclocal  -I macros ...
> aclocal: configure.in: 29: macro `AM_GNOME_GETTEXT'
> not found
> in library

Sorry, I don't have RH7.1 at hand. All I have is SuSE 6.3/i386 and
debian SID/PPC aka unstable. Both work (debian better of course since
it's up to date).

Perhaps you miss the libgnome-dev package?

Turning off gettext support (glade C options) might help you ?

> Running autoheader...
> Running automake --gnu  ...
> macros/Makefile.am:33: INSIDE_GNOME_COMMON does not
> appear in
> AM_CONDITIONAL

That does not look good to me - since both the ancient gnome  (SuSE) and
common gnome (debian unstable) work I'd consider that a local
strangeness of RH7.1. Perhaps you can fix _that_ error by inserting

AM_CONDITIONAL(INSIDE_GNOME_COMMON) into configure.in.

Basically setting the .m4 files up for a working development environment
is also a mystery to me. More because there's no gnome m4 documentation
I know of.

Hope this helps. If not consider asking the gtk-- (
http:://gtkmm.sourceforge.net ) mailing list. They certainly know about
these issues.

BTW: If you want to recompile glade-- for your box, make sure you use
the CVS version (0.6.2b and up). The stable release won't compile.

Yours