[Glade-users] Where is GtkFlowBox ?

Hi Charles,

In the Glade designer tool, the gray areas where widgets can be added
from the palette, we call placeholder widgets.

These originally were only the places where the user can add new
widgets from the palette, but now they also act as drop targets so
widgets can be dragged from anywhere in the UI and dropped there, and
also the (sort of hidden) feature I was describing; double clicking on
one lets you add a new widget with a different UI that includes a
search entry.

These placeholder widgets are of course only available in the designer
tool, and they need to take space so that the UI can be manipulated
(this is also why the UI you are editing can never look like the end
result, which is why the preview feature needs to be separate).

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 5:04 AM, Charles Bradshaw