[Glade-users] Serious difficulties with hierarchy editor in Glade 3.20.0

Glade version 3.20.0
GTK+ 3.0
Fedora 25
Kernel version 4.6.7-300

I am experiencing a complete and repeated failure to activate the "Add
child spin" function in the Hierarchy editor.  If I load a hand-coded
design with cell renderers in place, these appear in the editor screen
but are unselectable. Having tried all manner of combinations and
keystrokes, I confess myself entirely baffled.

Following the tutorials to the letter provides no solutions.

Is this a common experience, or am I simply adrift on an ocean of
incomprehension? Is my attempt to use Glade 3.20 and GTK-3 premature?

Peter