[Glade-users] Drawing area

Can anyone point me to a simple use of a drawing area?

I did the obvious and inserted a drawing area, but do not
know what to do with it.

I have a GTKWindow containing a vertical box
containing the drawing area (in the first position).

When I try to draw into the area with cairo, I get either
a segmentation fault or something about the backing.

I did this successfully with Cairo and the GTK-Fortran
high level interfaces. They are obviously taking care of
some things for me.

This is not a big deal--I am just trying to see how all
this works.

Thanks.

--
Walt Brainerd