[Glade-users] gtk drawing area with gtkglext and glade3

Please help. I have an application that was using glade2 and I am
trying to convert it to glade3. It has four gtk_drawingareas configured
inside a main window. With glade2 I was able to initialize these
drawing areas with gtk_drawingarea_new and the areas were realized and
everything worked fine.

Under glade3, I do not know how to call the drawingarea_new function,
as they are created inside the gtk_builder_add_from_file function as
g_objects. When I call the gtk_widget_set_gl_capability function after
creating glconfig[i] with gdk_gl_config_new_by_mode, it fails because
the drawing area has not been realized. Is there a way to realize these
drawing areas after they have been set up? I can create my own drawing
areas and the set_gl_capability function works ok, but then how do I
connect them to the widget structure?

I am an engineer and program only to do various chores, so I am only
semi-fluent in these things. Please help!