[Glade-users] problem with glade 3.10 and deprecated gtktable

Why do most of the time, posting on a mailing-list magically makes a
solution to raise by itself ?

Is the solution to my problem is using glade-gtk2 ?
If yes, this was really not easy to find the information :>

Le 15/11/2011 10:32, Martin Hamant a ?crit :
Hi there !

I am developing an UI with glade and python.

The destination system is an ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
I have started the development under a ubuntu 11.04 (natty) from which
I was using glade and gtkTable
In my python code, I was using "import gobject"
And then:

        self.interface = gtk.Builder()
        self.interface.add_from_file(glade_file)

Now, the system under which I develop is the last ubuntu oneiric.
(glade 3.10 / Gtk 2.20 or something).
The XML ui file open correctly, with the existing gtkTable - I can
modify and all. But new object of 'table' type are created as gtkGrid
and if try it, the python code above returns:

    self.interface.add_from_file(glade_file)
glib.GError: Invalid object type `GtkGrid'

And this is from my oneiric.

So I don't know what to do, because:
1) Anyway gtkGrid will not be available in ubuntu 10.04
2) I am not able to create gtkTable from Glade in its 'oneiric'
version (3.10)

Note: My aim is to develop from oneiric, for LTS

Thanks !