[Glade-users] How to change Glade 3.8.0 interface language.

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 23:58:38 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
I'm not 100% sure about the win32 environment but I dont see why it
would
be any different.

On win32, it is the keyboard language that is taken and used as the GUI
interface language by GTK+. For example, I have a configured a Belgian
Azerty keyboard on:
- an English Windows XP installation; or
- a multilingual Windows install, but configured English via control
panel
then Glade, GIMP, and just about everything using GTK+ will run
translated in Dutch. Clearly not what we want ;)

Maybe it would be better if GTK+ could use GetUserDefaultUILanguage(),
I'll
ask Alex Larsson about that on #gtk+ today...

Make sure that glade is run with LANGUAGE=C (or your preferred
language) and
that should be enough to chose the right language (the special "C"
value means
dont use any translations iirc)

Correct. For example, to run with French translations, execute the
following
commands from cmd.exe (Command Prompt):
     set LANGUAGE=fr
     C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\runtime\bin\glade-3.exe
Or you could save that in a .bat file somewhere, too.

mvg,
Dieter