[Glade-users] uni- versus multi-threaded gtk

On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 21:51 -0700, Russ Mannex wrote:
Thank you for clarifying, Alexey. Most of my coding has been very
"old-school" stuff, and most of my experience with event loops was in
X-Windows. Your recommendation makes more sense!

I mean, do not hesitate to use gtk_events_pending() if you have to. With
"old-school" stuff it could be matter of ten minutes to insert couple of
lines vs. days to rewrite and debug the algorithm in case it involves
deeply hidden recursion or something like that. Use your own judgment.
But for brand new code I'd use idle function for sure.