[Glade-users] [Glade-devel] Glade 3.10.0 Released

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 12:58 +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Glade 3.10 is finally here, and by the looks of it, late.

Glade 3.10 is the first stable series of Glade that depends on GTK+3
and it is parallel installable with previous versions of Glade which
depend on GTK+2.

Some major changes:
  - There is no libgnomeui plugin anymore
  - No deprecated widget classes are included
  - The Python plugin now uses PyObject (which uses GTK+3)
    instead of the old pygtk bindings (this means that to use
    your python widgets in the Glade runtime they need to be
    ported to use PyObject)
  - This version of Glade is sealed and we will do our best
    to maintain API/ABI compatibility in following releases
  - Glade comes with the preview feature which is also a stand-alone
    'glade-previewer' program (for packagers, this should be included
    in the same package as the libgladeui-2 library).

Special thanks goes to:

  - Juan Pablo the Magnificent our hero who is responsible for
    the sexy new workspace look and feel (and also there to help
    me fix and wrap up the builds in the last minute).
  - Marco Diego Aur?lio Mesquita for his work on the new preview feature
  - Florent Th?venet for creating icons for every widget class
  - Openismus GmbH for sponsoring my work on Glade.

Some additional information about this release can be found in
my blog http://blogs.gnome.org/tvb/2011/01/15/the-glade-dl/

What is Glade?
============
Glade is a RAD tool to enable quick & easy development of user
interfaces for the GTK+ toolkit and the GNOME desktop environment.
The user interfaces designed in Glade are saved as XML, and by using
the GtkBuilder GTK+ object these can be loaded by applications
dynamically as needed.

By using GtkBuilder, Glade XML files can be used in numerous
programming languages including C, C++, C#, Vala, Java, Perl,
Python, and others.

============
Glade 3.10.0
============
        - Fixed some glitches in the new workspace - Juan Pablo Ugarte
        - Removed the unwritten user manual from the menus.
        - Added support for GdkRGBA properties
        - Add support for editing the PangoFontDesctiption in GtkLabel
          attributes
        - Put File->Properties before Quit in the File menu -
          Frederic Peters
        - Added GObject introspection generation to the build -
          Pablo Castellano & Alan Knowles
        - Added support for GtkRecentChooserMenu
        - More last minute sealing of the api (privatized some
          more files).
        - Created the GladePreview object to handle previews and fixed
          preview related bugs - Marco Diego Aur?lio Mesquita
        - Added support for editing GtkGrid
        - Icons now available for all widget classes -
          Florent Th?venet and some by Dolean Samuel.
        - Cleaned up the palette by removing H/V subclasses.
        - Added support for GtkAppChooser* classes.
        - Migrate from PyGTK to PyGObject introspection-based bindings -
          Craig Keogh
        - Some refactoring of GladeEditable and custom editors in the
          backend
        - Added a special "deprecation" graphic to overlay on
          top of deprecated widget icons.
        - Added high-resolution applicaiton icon -
          Jakub Steiner / William Jon McCann
        - Refactored the core to automate the management of internal
          children - Juan Pablo Ugarte
        - Fixed loads of bugs, some fixes by Christopher Aillon,
          Craig Keogh, Cosimo Cecchi, Juan Pablo Ugarte

With everything that had to be done, I clean forgot to list the
translators, here is the list of translation updates since 3.9.2

    - ca, courtesy of David Planella
    - cs, courtesy of Marek ?ernock?
    - da, courtesy of Ask Hjorth Larsen
    - de, courtesy of Christian Kirbach
    - el, courtesy of Simos Xenitellis
    - en_GB, courtesy of Bruce Cowan
    - es, courtesy of Jorge Gonz?lez
    - eu, courtesy of I?aki Larra?aga Murgoitio
    - fr, courtesy of Bruno Brouard
    - gl, courtesy of Fran Di?guez
    - he, courtesy of Yaron Shahrabani
    - hi, courtesy of Rajesh Ranjan
    - hu, courtesy of Gabor Kelemen
    - it, courtesy of Andrea Zagli
    - ja, courtesy of Jiro Matsuzawa
    - ko, courtesy of Changwoo Ryu
    - nb, courtesy of Kjartan Maraas
    - pl, courtesy of Piotr Dr?g
    - pt_BR, courtesy of Og Maciel
    - pt, courtesy of Duarte Loreto
    - ru, courtesy of Yuri Myaseodov
    - sr, courtesy of ????? ???????
    - sr at latin, courtesy of Milo? Popovi?
    - sv, courtesy of Daniel Nylander
    - ug, courtesy of Bakhtiyar
    - zh_CN, courtesy of liuzhen
    - zh_HK, courtesy of Chao-Hsiung Liao
    - zh_TW, courtesy of Chao-Hsiung Liao

Where can I get it ?

http://download.gnome.org/sources/glade/3.10/

For more information on the Glade project see our home page
at http://glade.gnome.org/

Enjoy,

Glade-devel maillist  -  Glade-devel at lists.ximian.com