[Glade-users] insert_text

I added _insert_text handler in via Glade-2. Generated Python code via GladeX and see the handler in the code:
def on_myField_insert_text(widget, data, wtree) :
   print "in insert_text"
   pass

But when I execute and start typing in the field, I don't see my print statement and instead see this trace:
TypeError: <lambda>() takes at most 2 arguments (4 given)

Any idea what this all mean and why _insert_text doesn't seem to be getting called?
Thanks.