[Glade-users] GLADE XML to CPP Code

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Piyush Verma <piyush.pv at gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All

We was developing Application for Embedded Device.

Would it be possible to translate XML output of GLADE to Rich CPP Code.

This can reduce the object loading and searching time while handling them.

If not where should we start to add this feature ?

I would be interested to know, have you profiled the startup time difference
between using GtkBuilder and manually creating widgets ?

Is it a significant difference with a large UI ? (say 50+ widgets at least ?)

I am curious because the main issues with libglade on embedded platforms
seemed to be the heavy libxml2 dependency, and the load time with GtkBuilder
should be reduced compared with libglade - although honestly I dont know
how much so.

That being said, if using GtkBuilder is too slow/not an option to you, you can
consider to write your own script/tool to generate code from Glade xml output
(or you can write your own optimized flavor of libglade).

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Verma

Glade-users maillist ?- ?Glade-users at lists.ximian.com