[Glade-users] Solaris 10 - Which Glade Version to Use?

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Dan Moore <danmoore63043 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks, Juan.

Gnome is the standard Java Desktop System user interface. ?I'm not sure if that tells you that gtk comes as
part of it.

At home, my Linux distro resolves any dependencies, and allows me to be ignorant about these things.
?Things aren't so clear-cut at work.

My app will run on Solaris systems that are vanilla Solaris 10. ?Building a different environment for
development will probably buy me incompatibilities.

Ok cool, so why do you need to run glade on solaris?

all you need to find out is which version of gtk is available in
solaris and target your project in glade to that version.

Does looking at the libglade libraries narrow down the possibilities? ?On my system, I found:

/usr/share/xml/libglade/glade-2.0.dtd

/usr/lib/sparcv9/libglade-2.0.so
/usr/lib/sparcv9/libglade-2.0.so.0
/usr/lib/sparcv9/libglade-2.0.so.0.0.3

/usr/lib/libglade
/usr/lib/libglade-2.0.so
/usr/lib/libglade-2.0.so.0
/usr/lib/libglade-2.0.so.0.0.3

Does this help at all? ?Perhaps there are other files that would give a better idea of which Glade to run.
?If that is true, let me know what they are, and I will look around for them.

Despite the name, glade does not use libglade, that was the library
used by clients to load the .glade file at runtime.

Now its better to use GtkBuilder to do that which is already included in GTK.

Thanks, again,
Dan