[Glade-users] About the filechooserbutton

Dear all,

I am creating a gui with glade and I need to use a filechooserbutton (I think)...
What I want back is the name of the file I selected.
Looking at the picture attached, on the bottom-left of my gui you could read "aorta.vti".
And I want to save (in my code written in Python) a variable (let's say img) as aorta (or aorta.vti).

Is that possible?
And if this is not the best way, how can I get what I wanna get? Let me explain my target: I wanna insert a
name (I can also write it) in the gui and then I want to pass it to my Python code.
How can I do that?

Thanks a lot for help,

samuele