[Glade-users] notebook defaults to 3 pages and cant decrease to 2

Hi,

Three questions, sorry :),

1.

I am trying to use glade-3 (platform debian 5 lenny, glade 3.4.5-3)
and when I add a notebook it defaults to 3 tab pages and I cant decrease number to 2.
Also a funny thing if you increase pages to 4 you can't decrease number to 3 unless you
drop the widget and then replace with new one. Is there a work around? I tried to see
if I can edit the xml to delete the extra stanzas... but this is very kludgy...

2.
Also when I look in the examples in the debian glade perl package, they seem to come with
pairs of files plus driver perl script

example.glade example.gladep

here is one of them clipboard.gladep
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?> <!--*- mode: xml -*-->
<!DOCTYPE glade-project SYSTEM "http://glade.gnome.org/glade-project-2.0.dtd";>

<glade-project>
  <name>clipboard</name>
  <program_name>clipboard</program_name>
  <gnome_support>FALSE</gnome_support>
</glade-project>

what are these for? I am a xml ignoramus :(

3.
Grant McLean wrote a very nice tutorial for glade and gtk2-perl which has a perl driver
that starts out looking like

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use Gtk2 '-init';
use Gtk2::GladeXML;
my $gui = Gtk2::GladeXML->new("try.glade");
Gtk2->main;
return 0;

which does not work for me until I add the two lines

my $window= $gui->get_widget('window1');
$window->show_all();

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use Gtk2 '-init';
use Gtk2::GladeXML;
my $gui = Gtk2::GladeXML->new("try.glade");
my $window= $gui->get_widget('window1');
$window->show_all();
Gtk2->main;
return 0;

I contacted him, and Grant speculates that I missed some setting in the glade program that
automatically sets it to call show_all. What is the case?

Thank you very much for your fun program!

Mitchell Laks