[Glade-users] handler_ids

Signals in Glade need work in order to be useful, if you want to rally
an effort to that effect, I would suggest filing some bugs to Glade
and GtkBuilder.

  - As you mention, you cant retrieve the connection handler id
  - A big problem is that user data is pointless unless you pass it
    an object (cant use integers or strings in user data, nor pass it
    the pointer to your UI controller object).
  - Libglade offered glade_xml_signal_connect() to explicitly connect
    signals to implicitly built objects, my opinion is this was the
    best practice using libglade (i.e. avoid autoconnecting), but I see
    no current builder equivalent in place.

So, you could file those bugs against GtkBuilder, maybe get the
GTK+ boys interested and think up some cool features to do along
those lines... and hopefully something will be done... by
somebody ;-)