[Glade-users] Timing out a dialog

Hi Tristan,
                I am not sure how to implement your solution.
I have a function that takes in an argument for use as the message in
the dialog.
Here is the function
void mainWindow::on_command_show_action(Glib::ustring object)
{
        Glib::ustring message= object;
        Gtk::MessageDialog dialog(*this, message);
        Glib::ustring comment= "Action performed.";
        dialog.set_secondary_text(comment);
        int result = dialog.run();
}

This function is called when a button is pressed using
initiateCommand->signal_clicked().connect(sigc::bind(sigc::mem_fun(*this,
&mainWindow::on_command_take_action),"!S5101 Fired"));

I have tried using g_timeout_add in main, but there I cannot use
dialog as my user data.
If I put this at the dialog, it does not like MessageDialog,
typecasting mismatch errors (Says cannot cast MessageDialog as void*).

I have also tried g_signal_emit_by_name + timer, but strangely it is
not doing the job at all. I still have to click the dialog.

Any hints as to where I call the g_timeout_add?

Thanks ever so much!

Regards,