[Glade-users] gtkbuilder and glade - gobjects / pygtk objects

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 17:07 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Mats
Taraldsvik<mats.taraldsvik at bickeringleague.net> wrote:
[...]
However, with gtkbuilder, I get a "TypeError: value is of wrong type for
this column"
when trying to add items. Works just fine if I remove the data/object
column.

Curiously what does the code look like when you append rows ?

self.showsStore = self.builder.get_object("showsStore")

for Show in self.database.database :
    self.showsStore.append([ Show.name, Show.backend , Show ])

Also, note you can build your liststore and associate renderers
and attributes in your treeview all inside Glade now, so technically
all you should need is to access the liststore and update it.

Yes, I know, and that's exactly what I'm trying - to do as much as
possible inside glade.

Note that my liststore contains

(gchararray) name, (GObject) data

while "hierarchy" of the treeview only have a column for name, with a
text child item where text is mapped to the name column in the
liststore.

I have tried several approaches to make the (hidden) data column work,
but without success. What is the proper procedure to make this work?

Mats