[Glade-users] Drawingarea and waveform

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 12:25 PM, His Majesty<balakkvj at gmail.com> wrote:

2009/6/29 Tristan Van Berkom <tristan.van.berkom at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:47 AM, His Majesty<balakkvj at gmail.com> wrote:
Hello people,
?????????????????? I am trying to put a waveform on the screen of a
speech
that is being recorded.
Is the drawingarea an appropriate widget to use? I mean my main concern
is
that can it handle real-time speech (say of about 5-7 seconds sampled at
8KHz and 2 bytes per sample)?

I have seen the working example of a clock .... however, I just want to
make
sure I am not barking the wrong tree.

It depends on your requirements really, if all you want is a visual effect
then
you can do it in drawing area, but probably better off using clutter
for the drawing
than cairo (since you are probably aiming at speed, not nice
antialiasing).

OK. I chose to use clutter and am getting right output. However, all my
attempts to fit clutter in a drawingarea are in vain. It opens in a new
window which is not my target. Any idea how I can link Gtk::DrawingArea and
Clutter?

I have tried looking on the web but did not result in any clear suggestion
(as you normally do Tristan).

Im not sure where it is, or exactly what its called, but there *is* a
clutter embedding GTK+ widget, Im sure of that (Im even quite
sure people have embedded GTK+ widgets into clutter too).

So, you should just look for the right clutter embedding widget
and use that instead of drawing area.