[Glade-users] Libglade

Hello

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but I can't find a
libglade mailing list

I'm using glade, then porting it over to C via libglade.  I was using
gladex and compiling the code to python via the call to
wtree.get_widget('widget_name') but now I have to use the following
function

GtkWidget* glade_xml_get_widget(xml,'widget_name');

then I need to call, for example

void  gtk_window_maximize (GtkWindow *window);

so I call it as such

gtk_window_maximize (widget);

the compiler throws a warning that I am passing incompatible pointer
type for argument 1 (widget instead of window). So I cast it as such

gtk_window_maximize ((GtkWindow *)widget);

and the warning goes away. Is there a cleaner way to do this? for
example is there a function like so

GtkWindow* glade_xml_get_window(xml,'widget_name');

Cheers