[Glade-users] Working with GtkAction and GtkActionGroup

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:58 AM, John Delaney<johndelaney at gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Tristan Van
Berkom<tristan.van.berkom at gmail.com> wrote:
* Specify a widget to connect to an action object as a proxy.

Yes.

How?

If you have recent Glade (3.6.x), which you do... then when selecting any
activatable widget, you should be able to set its related action in the
property editor as well as whether the widget uses the actions appearance
properties or defaults to its own custom appearance.

Activatable widgets currently only include GtkButton,
GtkToolButton and GtkMenuItem classes/subclasses.
(and also the recent chooser, Im not sure if I plugged that
one in Glade yet though).

[...]
I have a GtkTable containing several dozen GtkLabel and GtkEntry
widgets, which I want to be able to categorise into two distinct
groups so that I can selectively toggle sensitive on and off, without
having to explicitly name each widget in my code. There are 3 possible
states:

1. All widgets are sensitive.
2. Widgets in group A are not sensitive.
3. Widgets in group B are not sensitive.

Groups A and B are mutually exclusive, and a few widgets in the table
are in neither group and thus always sensitive. The way that I'd
envisaged implementing it was as follows:

Good points, that question was mostly to satisfy my own curiosity ;-)

In this case its just an incomplete aspect of Glade, I dont know when
Im going to have time to adress that, there are a bunch of new features
rolling into GTK+ 2.18 that I also dont know when I'll find time to write
proper support for...

... would be nice if you filed a bug :)

Also, integrating widgets into the GTK+ catalog is not very hard,
there is some "quite complete" documentation on how its done here:
http://glade.gnome.org/docs/, if anyone wants to try their hand at that...