[Glade-users] gobject.TYPE_PYOBJECT in glade / gtkbuilder

Hi,

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 16:15 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Mats
Taraldsvik<mats.taraldsvik at bickeringleague.net> wrote:
[...]

Do you mean creating a new liststore column (in treeview->edit...),
substituting "< define a new column >" with the string?

I don't know exactly how to find the proper name, so I'm afraid you'll
have to elaborate for me to understand :)

I mean:
   sed -e "s/GObject/PyObject/g" project.glade

Ofcourse, you may not want to replace *ALL* your
GObject strings with that, but look at the Glade file,
look at the column definitions, and try changing
the string that defines the column type (Glade will
output the string "GObject" for object type columns).

You need to change that for "PyObject", I think.

Every type has a name in the GType system,
returned by g_type_name(). Python has a type
for its object, which isnt GObject, but nevertheless
is a GType, you need to find its name.

It was PyObject. However, it looks like "unknown" data types is removed
when the file is saved.

Thus, on save, this snippet:

  <object class="GtkListStore" id="showsStore">
    <columns>
      <!-- column-name name -->
      <column type="gchararray"/>
      <!-- column-name backend -->
      <column type="gchararray"/>
      <!-- column-name data -->
      <column type="PyObject"/>
    </columns>
  </object>

becomes :

  <object class="GtkListStore" id="showsStore">
    <columns>
      <!-- column-name name -->
      <column type="gchararray"/>
      <!-- column-name backend -->
      <column type="gchararray"/>
      <!-- column-name data -->
      <column />
    </columns>
  </object>

Since adding a lot of these data types in glade by default would be
inconvenient ( the choose data type list would be huge ), perhaps these
could be added /enabled/disabled with plugins, somehow?

Mats