[Glade-users] GtkComboBox question.

---- John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:36:44 -0500
Steve <zephod at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

---- John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:
Still, it  is not very difficult to modify them, and add a simple
GtkListStore with just one column to obtain the same funcionality.

I'm a n00b at gtk programming so I need a little hand holding if you
could. I can create a GtkListStore and add data to it but how do I
associate the store with the combobox? Also, once this has been done,
how do I retrieve the data in the store given the widget id of the
combobox?

Well, assigning the ListStore to the ComboBox is easy with

gtk_combo_box_set_model

Assuming you made a one column ListStore, that's all there is to it.

Then afterward, you can use the selection of the model
(gtk_tree_model_get_selection) to get at the item selected.

It's not as easy as the ComboBoxText, but it does give you a better
control on what happening.

Hmmm.... It clear to me that I have no idea what I'm doing. ]:-P
I have this code:

    GtkListStore* store;
    GtkWidget*    device_selector;

    device_selector = glade_xml_get_widget (
                              gxml,
                              "device_programming_combobox" );
    store = gtk_list_store_new ( 1, G_TYPE_STRING );
    gtk_tree_view_set_model ( (GtkTreeView *)device_selector,
                              (GtkTreeModel *)store );

but when I execute I get this:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_view_set_model: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed

What's wrong with this?
Thanks,
Steve