[Glade-users] Can I hide the .xml file?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Charlie Brune <glade at bruneworld.com> wrote:

Hello!  I'm a beginner at coding glade/gtk applications using C.

My question:  Is it possible to use Glade to design an application and NOT have
to supply my customers with the .xml file that Glade creates?

I don't want my customers seeing it because I'm concerned that they'll modify
it to alter the design of the GUI.

Ideally, the xml could be in an include file.  That way, it could just be
compiled into the program.

Sure, use a const gchar * buffer and add it with gtk_builder_add_from_string().

Juan might have a script lying around, but it should be easy for you to convert
a Glade file into a const char buffer to include statically in your code using
a sed script or even just a little bash...

Thanks,
Charlie

Glade-users maillist  -  Glade-users at lists.ximian.com