[Glade-users] glade, opengl & fonts

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 03:33:37PM -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Peter Keller<psilord at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
What would be the most current set of tools in using glade to build a
project that uses opengl and pango for font management/layout in the
opengl context?

Is this a very hard thing to do?

Im not sure exactly what you want to do, my guess is you
might want to use pango/clutter...

Basically, I want to write a code IDE where the fonts are mapped onto
surfaces in a 3d space which can be marked up with graphical annotations.

A simple example in C code: you would place your mouse over a variable
and the lines of code which don't interact with the data flow of the
chosen variable grey out and circles and lines are drawn over the
text which dictate the definition and type of use of the variable as
it progress through the data flow of the function. If the mouse is kept
there long enough, some abstract interpretation starts to fill in about
the variable and data paths (like the domain of the variable). Over time,
the camera begins to zoom out of the code you're in and starts showing
you more and more of the data flow dominated by the uses of the semantic
idea represented by the variable as it is traced through the code base.

It'd be nice if I could overlay a TextWidget onto an opengl surface and
get the signals and whatnot from it when it is "in focus".  Does such
a thing already exist?

Thank you.

-pete