[Glade-users] Building Glade in C++

I'm having some problems with building my glade project into a C++ file, and apparently it's a common one

When I build in C it works fine, but when I try to build in C++ I get the following message

"Error running glade-- to generate the C++ source code.
Check that you have glade-- installed and that it is in your PATH.
Then try running 'glade-- <project_file.glade>' in a terminal."

I've visited a few sites and they claim that I have to either build it into an XML file [somehow] and then
convert it into a C++ file [somehow], or that I have to download glademm. Other still claim that converting
to C++ is a bad idea.

By the way I'm using linux under Gnome and I'm creating a GTK GUI.

Thanks