[Glade-users] Signal question.

It goes back to the previous issue of hiding a window, and then not being able to show it again.

Alexey Kurochkin <alexey.kurochkin at pathfinderlwd.com> wrote: On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 09:55 -0400, PEYMAN
ASKARI wrote:
Well all I'm doing is calling a widget.hide() then a widget.show(),
but to be honest with you, I don't know what gladex uses when it calls
the widget (I run my glade xml files on python with gladex).

I just want to clarify that I can use the main window, and I can
interact with it, it's just that the other window will always sit on
top of the main window, and I have to physically drag it to the side.

Then unfortunately you can't do much about it as it is very likely
window manager dependent. You can cross your fingers and fiddle with
"Type hint" property or some other magic, smoke and mirrors, but your wm
may or may not honor it, since it is what it is called - only a hint.
And even if you seduce your wm, on some other system your program may
behave differently. I'm not aware of any trivial way to fight this
problem. Sorry. But why just do not close the dialog if it gets in the
way?