[Glade-users] Glade equivalent to JPanel?

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a glade equivalent to the kind of things
you can do with JPanel in Java.

One of the nice things about "JPanel" was that it was essentially a slot
for a component plugged in at runtime. You could also use JPanel as a
canvas on which to design the "pluggable" components.

For example, you're designing a window and on one side it has a space
for the toolbar. Depending on what the program was doing the toolbar
would take different forms.

So what you would do in Java (particularly in the netbeans IDE) is you'd
make that toolbar area a JPanel, which was basically a blank space.
You'd then create some new components (based on JPanel) that were the
different things you might want to slot into the toolbar area.

Then in your code you'd simply create the different components and
switch which component was actually attached to the panel as you needed to.
So my question is: can you do similar sorts of things using glade? :)

Thanks

Tom